- 10/2 – Improv Comedy Night with Buddy Buddy + Eri/yn @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/4 – FFFTF w/ Borrow Tomorrow @ ONC
- 10/4 – Free First Friday @ Do317 Lounge w/ Woodstove Flapjacks
- 10/5 – The Lumineers @ The Lawn at WRSP
- 10/5 – Plaid Dragon + KO @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/7 – The Parkington Sisters + Tall Tall Trees @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/10 – Gregory Alan Isakov
- 10/11 – Angel Olsen
- 10/12 – Paleface @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/16 – An Evening with AG, Garrison Starr and Maia Sharp
- 11/1 – City and Colour
- 11/2 – Kate Nash + Le Sera
- 11/9 – Joe Pug
Speaking of parties I never get invited to, it seems Toronto’s Sebastien Grainger (Death From Above 1979) and Josh Reichmann (Tangiers, Jewish Legend), or Bad Tits as they are known, have perfected the formula for ichiban most happening soiree, and pretty much spell-it-out for all y’all neo-Martha Stewarts in the video for Bankok Hilton, the first single from their Garbage Night EP. For starters, it looks as if the party itself should be held inside the lamp Barbara Eden lived in on I Dream Of Jeannie. And you’ll need colored lights and plenty of crazy-ass costumes. And finally, and I’m guessing this is the most important requirement, you need two giant ducks who aren’t afraid to shake shake what their mama gave’em. Normally, I would suggest providing a non-alcohol beverage option for those who don’t imbibe, but as you’ll clearly see, Carrie Nation is not on the guestlist.
Oh, yeah. And there’s a new video for Bad Tits’ follow up single, No Skin. I don’t want to say too much about this one, but it has me flashing back to that creepy-ass Dr. Shrinker show that Sid and Marty Krofft dropped on Toughskin wearing kids back in the 70s.