- 10/2 – Improv Comedy Night with Buddy Buddy + Eri/yn @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/4 – FFFTF w/ Borrow Tomorrow @ ONC
- 10/4 – Free First Friday @ Do317 Lounge w/ Woodstove Flapjacks
- 10/5 – The Lumineers @ The Lawn at WRSP
- 10/5 – Plaid Dragon + KO @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/7 – The Parkington Sisters + Tall Tall Trees @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/10 – Gregory Alan Isakov
- 10/11 – Angel Olsen
- 10/12 – Paleface @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/16 – An Evening with AG, Garrison Starr and Maia Sharp
- 11/1 – City and Colour
- 11/2 – Kate Nash + Le Sera
- 11/9 – Joe Pug
The Rosebuds released a free digital album featuring covers of Sade’s Love Deluxe. The release of covers coincides with the 20th anniversary of what was Sade’s fourth studio album released in 1992. From the band:
Love Deluxe, Sade’s fourth album, was released 20 years ago this week. To say this album is a constant influence to The Rosebuds and the records we’ve made over the years would be an understatement. We’ve always been fans. Ivan’s been covering Sade songs since I’ve known him–he sings them in the house, he sings them while driving, he sings them with or without a guitar in hand, he sings them when he doesn’t even realize he’s singing aloud. It’s the language he hears music in. Ivan spent some time on the North Carolina coast where he set up a small apartment–a surf camp and home studio. He’d gone to the beach to enjoy the off-season isolation, to surf, and to work on some new Rosebuds demos we have. I was delighted when he came back to Brooklyn and presented me with his own fully-tracked version of Love Deluxe. It’s only elements are the instruments Ivan drove down with, and the friends who stopped by to contribute–Rob Lackey, drums; Matt Douglas, Saxophone; Jonathan Yu, keyboards. We set about mixing it right away.
Upon first listen to Ivan’s version of Love Deluxe, I was struck by how organic it is. Where many of the electronic elements of the original had been beautiful to me, to listen to this new live-instrument sound Ivan had quick-captured is to listen directly to his evolving relationship with the music. It’s a documentation of a living connection. Please download and share this tribute recording of a record that means so much to us.
You can find the stream and download from their Bandcamp below.