- 10/2 – Improv Comedy Night with Buddy Buddy + Eri/yn @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/4 – FFFTF w/ Borrow Tomorrow @ ONC
- 10/4 – Free First Friday @ Do317 Lounge w/ Woodstove Flapjacks
- 10/5 – The Lumineers @ The Lawn at WRSP
- 10/5 – Plaid Dragon + KO @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/7 – The Parkington Sisters + Tall Tall Trees @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/10 – Gregory Alan Isakov
- 10/11 – Angel Olsen
- 10/12 – Paleface @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/16 – An Evening with AG, Garrison Starr and Maia Sharp
- 11/1 – City and Colour
- 11/2 – Kate Nash + Le Sera
- 11/9 – Joe Pug
Despite all the blah blah blah about Austin, I’m beginning to get the sense that Denton is the berg we’ve got to keep an eye on in the next few years. Seems like not a week passes in which a little something (typically a little something loud) passes across my desk from that sleepy Texas town, and it’s always pretty top-shelf stuff.
Bad Sports have been banging around on the scene for a few years, but I’m guessing they’ll be taking things to the next level now that they’ve joined the Dirtnap roster for the release on Kings Of The Weekend. Single Teenage Girls is a two-minute power pop gem that succeeds in bringing forth the juiciest bit from The Beach Boys, The Ramones and Cheap Trick to create a summer jam that literally begs to be screamed along with.