- 10/2 – Improv Comedy Night with Buddy Buddy + Eri/yn @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/4 – FFFTF w/ Borrow Tomorrow @ ONC
- 10/4 – Free First Friday @ Do317 Lounge w/ Woodstove Flapjacks
- 10/5 – The Lumineers @ The Lawn at WRSP
- 10/5 – Plaid Dragon + KO @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/7 – The Parkington Sisters + Tall Tall Trees @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/10 – Gregory Alan Isakov
- 10/11 – Angel Olsen
- 10/12 – Paleface @ Do317 Lounge
- 10/16 – An Evening with AG, Garrison Starr and Maia Sharp
- 11/1 – City and Colour
- 11/2 – Kate Nash + Le Sera
- 11/9 – Joe Pug
After spending more than her fair share of time waiting in the wings and propping up her famous friends, singer/pedal steel guitarist Maggie Björklund is stepping into the spotlight on her debut solo outing, Coming Home. And go figure, this deliciously intimate folk record finds many of those famous friends dropping by to return the favor, including Rachel Flotard of Visqueen, Jon Auer of the Posies and John Convertino of Calexico.
MOKB is pleased as can be to be premiering a live performance video of Intertwined, a poignant waltz which prominently features, not only Björklund’s prodigious pedal steel chops, but also the patinaed pipes of MOKB fave, Mark Lanegan.
[WIN THIS!] A copy of Coming Home! Perhaps you missed it on your calendar, but it’s Maggie Björklund Video Roll Contest Week. Beginning this past Monday, five music blogs formed an unlikely and unholy alliance, the sole purpose of which is to make Maggie Björklund your new favorite pedal steel virtuoso. Each day, one of these sites premiered (or will premiere) a hi-def, live performance of a new song from Coming Home. If you want to be eligible to win, simply re-post, Like, or comment on any of the the videos—via Facebook, Twitter, or on the hosting site itself.
Word on the street as that tomorrow’s video will be found over at Blurt, but of course, you can’t believe everything you read.